But don't you stink? Um, no. The minerals in crystal deodorant create a barrier on your skin that helps prevent bacteria from forming. No bacteria, no funk. I did experience a week of weird smells as I transitioned from using a solid stick deodorant to the crystal. I think my body was actually detoxing from having my pores clogged up by Secret for so many years. Learn more about how mineral deodorants work.
I have tried the spray and roller versions of Crystal Body Deodorant but prefer the simple rock. It's just a big rock of mineral salts with a little tray. It's cheap and I'd rather not use a tube or plastic bottle when a good alternative is available.
Benefits of using Crystal Body Deodorant:
- It's paraben free, aluminum chlorohydrate free and doesn't clog up your skin.
- There's no scent!
- It's safe for all ages.
- You won't be throwing out plastic deodorant tubes X times per year.
- It doesn't stain or smear your clothing. No more white stripes! Minerals are clear.
- You will save crazy money by using a crystal. I bought a 5 ounce rock on sale at Trader Joe's for $5.50. My 3 ounce rock lasted 3 years. You do the math on 3 years of deodorant tube$.
- It travels easily. No worrying about spills or airport security.
- You can use anywhere on your body. Say goodbye to stinky feet.
How I Use & Store My Deodorant Crystal:
- After my shower (and I shower every day), I wet the crystal in the sink and give my underarms a couple of swipes. That's it. If you are still shower wet, you can use the crystal dry but I prefer a little extra moisture.
- I give the crystal a quick rinse under the faucet and then store it in the tray in my bathroom cabinet.
- Store it wet side up. If you store it face down, it will melt a bit (it is essentially salt) and create a rough texture on that side.
- Enjoy the savings, being paraben free and environmentally friendly!